Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Say Then I Say

Two BFF's arrived. They dressed alike and even looked similar.

The questions they asked was like a Grand Canyon echo:

No 1 : "Could you please organise us a tour to the Lion Park?"
No 2 : "Would you be able to organise us a tour to the Lion Park?"

No 2 : "Can I have a bath? I haven't had one in ages?"
No 1 : "Could my friend have a bath? Most hostels don't have these."

After the tour they are upset, as the guide could not explain the difference between a lion, a cheetah and a tiger.

No 1 : "I asked, and then my friend did."
No 2 : "Yes, I also asked."

No 2 : "Can I cook some pasta and do you have butter?"
No 1 : "Can I also cook some pasta and can I also use your butter?"

After they have eaten they ask if I can do their washing? Repeat.

I tell them I charge R80 a load, wash and dry. They scurry off to the room and after much shuffling, drag two garbage bags splitting at the seams down the passage.

"Please could you try and fit this all into one load?" (sneakers and caps included!)

I assure them that I do not want the machine to implode. "Could I could make a plan as they only have cash for one wash and one dry." Repeat.

"Sort out the really stinky stuff to do a load," I say.

As if by magic, they now have a R200 note.

Way into the night I am washing and drying but am constantly interrupted.

No 1 : "Is the machine on?"
No 2 : "Is the dryer on?"

At breakfast.

No 1: "Do you have extra milk?"
No 2: "Do you have more milk for us?"

No 2: "Please call a taxi.
No 1: "Is it possible to call the taxi now?"

When leaving:

No 1: "Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed my stay."
No 2: "Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed my stay."









No comments:

Post a Comment