Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Today, I am Ralph

Blake bounds into reception.

"Hello, Blake," say I.

"My name is Ralph. Tell her, mommy. And, you are not my Guppy anymore."

Gulp.

"You are now my Dolphin."

Blake's name varies from Ralph to Andy to Spiderman to Superman to Tarzan - dramatic displays included.

Or, "Hello, what is your name today?"

"Blake."

Teacher Edith, roster in hand:

"Alan Armstrong?"

"Here, ma'am."

"Chris Buitendag?"

"Here, ma'am."

"Blake Campbell?"

"Not here, ma'am. But Batman, is."

At reception, I have two chairs, with animal print cushion covers. I sit down.

"Uppy Guppy Dolphin! You're sitting on the lion's tail, and he will jump up and bite you."

Misty bought a fish tank with two goldies, the colour of Blake's hair. They died that night. Misty was concerned about breaking the awful news.

Misty: "I am so sorry."

Blake: "Never mind, mommy. It's okay, really. But, they must have been in a hurry to go to heaven. They weren't here for very long."

A sleepover at Aimee.

Aimee: "Bedtime, Blake and sleep tight."

Blake: "Aimee, please stay here, I can't sleep."

Aimee: "Why not, Blake?"

Blake: "I forgot to tell you how much I love you."

In the pool at Guppy's, Blake bursts into song:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
I wish I had a chocolate bar.
My mommy drives
An old, white car...

Pause for thought -

"You know, mommy, you don't need armbands. You've got boobies!"

Whatever keeps one afloat.

The other evening Blake said to Misty: "Now, tell me Mommy, how was your day today?"

After a long toing and froing of Blake asking: "And, then what did he say?" And, "So what did you do?" he says: "Mommy, are you not going to ask me how my day went?"

"So, how did your day go?" says Misty giggling.

"Ok," is Blake's only reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment